- 10 mm orthoscopic eyepiece based on classic Zeiss design offers high-contrast and razor-sharp images of Moon and planets
- Innovative ergonomic design for comfortable viewing position and elimination of stray side light
- Wider 52 degree apparent field of view to make it easy to locate target
- Ideal for use in binoviewers
Even before the disappearance of the famed Baader Genuine Orthoscopics in mid-2012, Baader Planetarium sought to develop a set of true Planetary eyepieces that was accessible for any amateur - without breaking their bank. Foregoing fancy (and costly) cosmetics, the new Classic Eyepieces deliver where it counts - performance. Their sharpness and contrast rival other 'planetary' eyepieces costing much more. To achieve this performance and value, Baader drew upon their extensive in-house knowledge and experience, combined with optical designs and processes leveraged from Zeiss.
Features of the new Classic Eyepieces:
- Optical design and manufacturing specs based on the highly regarded Zeiss Jena 0.965" orthoscopics (not any Japanese or Chinese makes).
- Fully multi-coated: All air-to-glass surfaces are coated with Baader's HT MultiCoatings, specifically matched to each substrate.
- Excellent ergonomics: The innovative recessed volcano top provides clearance for eyelashes and enables a comfortably located eyepoint without the stray light problems of a full volcano top.
- Integrated winged folding rubber eyecup: Eliminates distracting stray side-light, enabling full concentration on the object, as well as providing a thermally insulating and soft non-scratching top surface (ie, for eyeglass wearers). Also outstanding for BinoViewing. Rubber eyecup may be folded down or removed, if needed .
- 52-deg apparent field of view (6/10/18mm Orthoscopics): Makes finding and centering objects at high powers easier than typical 40-45deg eyepieces.
- Blackened lens edges; Parfocal.
- Threaded to accept standard 1.25" astronomy filters.