Celestron's 8x40 LandScout Binocular combines a porro prism optical path with 40mm objective lenses and anti-reflection fully multicoated optics to produce views with a sharp depth of view that are bright and clear. The binocular's 65.6° apparent angle of view provides an immersive wide-angle field of view while providing a comfortable magnification that reduces noticeable image-shake on land and visual disorientation on the water.
To reduce the overall weight, and to make it easy to use during long observation sessions, the chassis is made of a lightweight and durable aluminum alloy with rubberized armoring that protects against bumps and impacts. Made for use in all weather, the housing is nitrogen-filled to be water and fogproof. This is critical when the binocular is being used in areas with wide temperature fluctuations which can affect the performance. On the trail, in the woods, at the park or stadium, the LandScout binocular is ideal for almost any activity.
- 8x magnification
- 40mm objective lenses
- BAK4 porro prism optical design
- Anti-reflection fully multicoated optics
- 65.6° wide-angle apparent angle of view
- 430' field of view at 1000yd
Use and Handling
- Large center focus wheel
- Twist-up rubber eyecups for use with or without eye wear
- 18.3mm eye relief, 5mm exit pupil
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter
- Strong and lightweight aluminum alloy housing
- Rubberized exterior protects against impacts
- Nitrogen-filled for water and fogproof performance