Our ZAPCAPS are constructed of the same black ABS plastic as our standard dewcap line, are all felt lined and are attached by wrapping it around your telescope just below the lens or corrector plate ring. The two outside ends are then pressed together using the sewn on velcro. The ZAPCAPS have a built in low wattage heater that makes good contact with your telescope to keep it free of moisture. The heater is inside a rubberized sleeve and it is this sleeve that provides a friction fit and keeps the ZapCap in place.
We have ZapCap dewcaps to fit all the most popular telescopes. If you do not see a size that will work with your size telescope or need some kind of custom work done ot it to make it fit properly, contact us. We will make a dewcap or modification for you at a fair and reasonable price.
Q. Are they good quality? Will they last?
A. We always do our best to provide the best value for money as we can. We use top quality materials, and take pride in our build quality.
Q. Are the heated dewcap power cords flexible in the cold?
A. In non summer like temperatures, the power cords will stiffen up as they get cold. If there is a demand from our customers for flexible cabling in cold conditions, we will provide it as an upgrade option.
It is not recommended that this dewcap be used without a controller.
- Built in Low Wattage FireFly heater.
- Cabling included to attach to a Kendrick Controller
- Notched (single notch only) to accomodate commonly used dovetails.
- Can be used with any Kendrick controller.
- Low power consumption.
- Felt lined.
- Best quality Velcro available is sewn into the ZapCap to make firm connection of dewcap ends with high repeatability.
- Built in proprietary infa-red reflector. Directs maximum warmth into the scope instead of the atmosphere.
C$127.00 Regular Price