Enhance your professional pursuits or hobbies using the 40x 2ST Stereo Microscope from Levenhuk. This 40x magnifying tool offers stereo (3D) imagery that is used for examining and making measurements of minerals, gems, insects, electronic boards, fabrics, or collectibles. The vertical, straight viewing head holds two 10x widefield eyepieces with rubber winged eyecups for comfort. It also provides a diopter adjustment (+5 to -5) for compensating in optical strength between the eyes. To help you with your tasks, the microscope offers a pillar-type configuration, where the stereo head can slide up and down on the metal post and is secured with a locking knob. This construction allows you plenty of space for placing larger samples under the objective lens. The base offers a round plate and two pre-loaded clips for securing your slides or specimens. The housing is made of metal to ensure rigidity, precision, and repeatability of adjustments. It features oversized knurled adjustment knobs and a plastic black enclosure around the objective to protect optics mechanically and to prevent excess stray light from entering the scope's optical path.
- Straight vertical viewing
- Stereoscopic design delivers 3D imaging
- Glass optical elements
- 4x objective lens
- 10x widefield eyepieces
- Coarse lockable focusing
- +5 to -5 diopter adjustment
- Requires external illumination
Use and Handling
- Adjustable work distance: 2.4"
- Adjustable interpupillary distance: 55-75mm
- Focusing range within work distance: 1.6"
- Metal pillar-type frame
- Knurled coaxial focusing knobs
- Black objective enclosure protects optics from damage and stray light
- Wide base with round black/white reversible sample plate
- Two metal clips for securing slides and specimens
- Two removable rubber eyecups on eyepieces