This series of large nitrogen purged, waterproof binoculars - the Vixen Giant ARK Astronomy Binoculars - stand alone in the field of combined performance and image quality. The same care that goes into making Vixen''s high-end telescopes is evident in their large aperture binoculars. All binoculars can be either hand held, or for the most stable viewing platform, mounted on our Porta mount or a photographic tripod (with the optional tripod adapter).
The large aperture lenses of these Vixen Giant ARK Astronomy Binoculars allow the observer to take in such celestial sights as the Orion or Lagoon Nebula and other celestial wonders. The Milky Way, the Moon and bright comets will jump out at you with this combined aperture and power.
The optics on the Vixen Giant ARK Astronomy Binoculars are multicoated and the prisms are made from BaK4 glass. This combination allows for the greatest transfer of light through the optics. Other benefits include rugged optical housings, fine focusing and a right eye dioptor to allow for left/right eyesight differences.
Vixen Giant ARK 30x80 Astronomy Binoculars Features...
- Can be either hand held, or for the most stable viewing platform, mounted on the Porta mount or a photographic tripod
- Optics are multicoated and the prisms are made from BaK4 glass
- Rugged optical housing resists dings and scrapes
- Right eye dioptor to allow for left/right eyesight differences
- Fine focusing for razor sharp images
- Excellent exit pupil
- Comfortable eye relief
- Waterproof and nitrogen-purged
- Features combined performance and image quality
- Includes Lens Covers, Tripod Socket and Carrying Case
Vixen Giant ARK 30x80 Astronomy Binoculars Specifications...
Design: Porro Prism
Prism: BaK-4 Porro
Objective Diameter: 80mm
Exit Pupil: 4mm
Relative Brightness: 16
Eye Relief: 18mm
Field of View in Degrees: 4.5 degrees
Near Focus: 15.3 yards/14 meters
Weight: 8 lbs.
Vixen Optics Product Number: 1458